Deborah Young ~ Counsellor
At different times in our lives we may need to reach out for that little extra support to see us through the blips, lumps and bumps also known as life. In order for us to get ourselves back on track, we may have a need for someone to sit and listen to our fears/anxieties/worries and difficulties without judging, without assuming and without opinions. My personal journey with my youngest child diagnosed with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), high anxieties and challenging behaviour, all contributed to my pathway into counselling. I understand the impact this may have on the individual, relationships, siblings, parents and extended families. This experience underpins my interest in counselling those whose lives are likewise effected, but is not limited to specific conditions or diagnoses. I have experience with a wide range of clients; adults and young people with varying needs and difficulties which impact on their daily lives. I offer counselling support for the individual/siblings and family; across the generations and across the spectrums of abilities and disabilities.
Training, qualifications and experience
BSc (Hons) in Integrative Counselling and Psychotherapy - Roehampton University
- General counselling
- Loss and bereavement, anxiety, family issues, anger management, isolation, self esteem, depression.
- Counselling adults and young people with learning disabilities.
- Specialising in learning disabilities and autism spectrum supporting individuals/families and siblings.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
- Tourette's syndrome
- Mental health
- Learning disabilities
- Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome
- Oppositional Defiance Disorder
- Free initial 30 minute consultation
- £45 per session, all sessions are 50 minutes long
- I offer a reduced rate of £35 per session for students and low income families.
I offer a mobile service to clients in care/residential homes. (Additional mileage fee will be charged).
BACP registered counsellor.
Public Liability insurance.
Enhanced DBS Certificate.